Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Psuedo Long Run

I have a pretty busy weekend coming up so I decided to do my long run today. It was 5.5 miles, hence the title "Psuedo Long Run". I suspect that in a couple months time 5.5 miles will feel like a walk in the park, but for now it's my longest run to date. As seems to be the case these days I did this run on the treadmill despite the gorgeous running weather. I toyed with heading to Central Park, but the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge was today, which basically meant Central Park would be a free for all with thousands of extra people floating around. Or in other words, not my idea of a good time. In hindsight, perhaps this would have been good practice for the marathon. I will be running with 40,000 of my closest friends after all.


Anyhow, the run went off without a hitch. I kept myself entertained with jeopardy, house hunters, and the food network. And before they could ax the first contest on Chopped, I was done.


Unfortunately it seems that not everything turned out as well as my run. After taking off my socks it appeared I was down 1/2 a toenail, and so I blame the running. 


My bum toenail

Truth be told, my toenail loss is probably more related to my shoe selection as of late. I've been wearing lots of heels for the new internship. Regardless, I'm pretty bummed. It's summer sandal season, and I've got lots of open toe options! Luckily, the peep toe shoes I'm planning to wear this weekend only show my first 3 toes so I've got some recovery time.

No comments:

Post a Comment