Saturday, June 30, 2012

My Roasty Toasty Run

I've never really considered myself much of a morning person. But in an attempt to beat the heat I woke up bright and early this morning to get in my long run for the week - 6 miles. Beat the heat I did not. By the time I left the house at 7:45am it was already over 80 degrees. Nevertheless, I got in my 6 miles. 


For those of you who live in the New York area the good news is that today is a fantastic beach or pool day. It's hot and sunny and not a cloud in the sky. For those of you crazy enough to wake up early on the weekend and head out for a run, it's a bit roasty toasty out there. Luckily all the other crazy early morning runners are super friendly. I got lots of "good mornings" and waves along the path. 


I drove to the biking/running path this morning since 6 miles feels like long enough to not run around the streets of Wantagh. I always think driving to run seems a little odd and counterproductive, but having a designated path was certainly a plus. And I'll admit the air conditioning in the car was fantastic on the drive home. I didn't love running 3 miles out and 3 miles back along the same route; I much prefer loops, but luckily I have another 4 months of long runs to experiment with!

No comments:

Post a Comment