Wednesday, July 25, 2012

4-ish miles


Gorgeous morning in Manhattan. I decided to go for my 4 mile run outside. Great decision. I ran up to 60th and then crossed over to the path along the East River.


Unfortunately it seems my GPS watch, which I use to track my time, distance, and pace, did not agree with my decision. See, in order for my watch to record my distance and pace it first needs to locate satellites. And this morning I guess my watch wanted to sleep in. It would hear nothing of my morning run. Without satellites it really is nothing more than a fancy stopwatch. About halfway through my run the satellites and my watch decided to join me. By that time however, I had already decided to run for a specific amount of time, figuring I might end up a little under 4 miles or a little over, but close enough to count as my 4 miles. So this morning I did "4-ish" miles.


If I didn't have to be at work I am certain I would have waited for the satellites. I guess this means I should budget extra time for my long run this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment