Monday, July 23, 2012

Commuting to run


I had every intention of going outside for my long run today after work. But, after waiting for the subway, taking the A from 168th and Broadway to 42nd st (with no seats to be had), transferring to the E and taking that to 53rd and Lex, and then walking to the gym on 48th and 2nd, I couldn't stomach yet another "commute" to get my run in. I had planned to change at the gym and start my run from there since the gym is closer to the entrance to the east river, but those extra 10 blocks just seemed downright oppressive. Instead I opted for the treadmill, my standard go to these days.

I was bored, but I completed my 5 miles. Actually, once I got past the first mile or so it wasn't too bad. That said, I definitely will be headed outdoors this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment