Monday, August 20, 2012

12 miles!

This weekend was moving weekend - back to Boston. Despite the fact that I was moving back to my same apartment, and I left much of my stuff in Boston, I still knew it was going to be a jam packed weekend. Not only did we have a 4+ hour drive, but between unloading and trips to Costco the day flew by. Recognizing that this was likely going to be the case I decided to do my long run on Friday before all the moving excitement began.

The last time I ran 12 miles was the weekend before my half marathon, and it was a struggle. During that run I ended up walking for a mile or so. I am proud to report that this time around I ran it all (save for the one intersection where I had to wait for the traffic light to change or risk being run over)! It was long and slow, and sweaty, but I covered all 12 miles, which is the goal. If I can finish the marathon with the same perspective - long, slow, and sweaty - I will be more than thrilled.

I am now back in Boston and it seems to be a bit cooler here than it has been in New York so I'm optimistic that I'll get some reprieve from the heat and humidity for these long runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment