Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A little late...

Forgive me followers, for it has taken me a few extra days to get my post from this weekend up. Here it is, and thanks for your patience!

I finally broke the trend! When my alarm went off Saturday at 7am I got out of bed. And actually made it out the door for my run. This past weekend was a step back week so I only had to do 7 miles for my long run. (I'm gearing up for a 12 miler next weekend). Saturday was also my last long run in NYC, until the marathon anyway. In the spirit of it being my last run I decided some of my route should include the iconic central park. I made my way to the park, and I suspect this will be surprising to no one- I got lost in the park! By some miracle, I not only found my way back to where I needed to be, but I also managed to get the exact number of miles I needed in the park! Getting lost isn't such a big deal. It's more of an issue because it usually translates to extra running, but not on Saturday. Saturday's run also marks the completion of 1/3 of my marathon training. 6 weeks down and another 12 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment