Saturday, August 25, 2012

13.1!!!!!

Today's long run was as much a mental challenge as a physical one. This morning I had to cover 13.1 miles. Essentially I had to run a half marathon. I haven't run that far since my race this past May, which as you all know, did not go as I had hoped. Thus, I was a bit apprehensive about today's run. From here on out (with the exception of a few step back weeks) my runs get progressively longer. I've never run more than 13.1 miles so this was a big hurdle for me.

I don't know if it's a new attitude or the fantastic weather, but I ran all 13.1 miles!! And I felt great doing it! In fact, I maintained a pace that was 52 seconds faster per mile than when I ran 12 miles last week. I'm no speed demon, but 52 seconds is a HUGE difference. I could not be more ecstatic!!

Post-run I'm feeling good. I enjoyed some delicious organic low-fat chocolate milk, which comes in a super kid-friendly juice box (yes, I have the same beverage preferences as a five year old)

My post-run drink of choice
And to avoid injury I've spent some time icing my ankles...

Icing my ankles post-run (green beans on the left, peas on the right)
All in all a great morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment