Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Progress, progress, progress

I decided to sleep in this morning. The weather report indicated that the high today was going to be around 75, and the morning was only going to be in the mid-60s. No need to beat the heat means no reason to wake up early! I ended up heading out for my run around 9:15 this morning (not quite the sleeping in I had envisioned). It was sunny, breezy, and cool. A perfect morning for my 7 mile run! The first 6 miles went off without a hitch. The last mile was pretty slow, and I was feeling pretty tired, but it all worked out. I finished the 7 miles at a decent pace and without any real issues.

I think that today's run really showed me the progress I've made over the last 6 weeks or so. Today was a mid-week 7 mile run, and today is just a regular, normal day. In the past, 7 mile runs were absolutely exhausting and took everything out of me. Now they don't even seem that long. As you can imagine, this makes me super excited, especially since this weekend is a step back week and I only need to run 10 miles! And no, I can't believe I just used the word "only" in the same sentence as 10 miles. I have truly come so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment