Friday, August 10, 2012

Lazy Bum

I have been a total slacker this week! Despite my best intentions, I failed to get out of bed even once to get in my morning run. Much like every other week this summer, I set my alarm for 6am, but inevitably when the alarm went off I would opt to go back to sleep for another hour. It has been a constant struggle. And no matter what time I go to bed I just cannot get up in the morning. In spite of this, I did manage to get in most of my workouts this week. Pilates on Monday, a 3 mile run on Tuesday, and a 5 mile run on Wednesday. All in the evening post-work. When I run after work I seem to have much less motivation and energy than I do when I run in the morning. I'm sure it's all mental, but it definitely makes it harder to knock out the miles. I also ended up skipping my 3 mile run on Thursday. To be fair, I had to be at work at 7:30am, which would have required a 5am wake-up. Given my "success" in waking up at 6am all week, that seemed highly unlikely. I also had plans after work so there really was no time. I certainly could have made up the 3 miles today, but instead I opted for a nap. It's clearly been a bit of slow week. I'm going to view this as some much needed rest, and am planning to get up bright and early tomorrow for my 7 miler. I'm hoping this will be a fresh start, and I'll be back to my normal ways in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment