Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Finally picking up the pace!

Today was my mid-week longish run and I finally picked up my pace! I know I have said repeatedly that I don't have a time goal for the marathon, and that continues to be the case, but after running my long runs these past weeks at a pretty slow clip it felt awesome to pick it up today. And for 6 miles no less! I attribute this faster speed partly to the new scenery. It was a beautiful morning along the Charles and there are lots of great running routes. I also think the new speedier pace is partly due to the new app I downloaded on my iPhone. Songza (strange name, great app) offers a wealth of playlists sans commercials. I was definitely getting sick of the songs on my iTunes so this was a welcome change. But mostly I think there is 1 key reason for the newfound pace: the lack of humidity! I'm not sure who to thank for this change in weather pattern, but it is downright amazing! Here's to hoping it sticks around for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment